Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus25632 Ignoramus25632 is offline

Default Second Amendment to be repealed by 2040, most guns confiscated by2070

Let me first say that I like guns, have a few, and believe in the
meaning of the Second Amendment. I used to be a member of the NRA,
until I was repulsed by its political dishonesty.

That said, my long term thinking on the future oft he Second Amendment
and what it protects, is bleak.

The reason is not what the current administration is going to do in
the aftermath of the latest events, but on what happens to gun
ownership.

The number of guns is not going down, but the number of gun owners
will go down for a few reasons. One is that young people do not get
nearly as much exposure to their parents guns, so they are not as
interested. Another is that there is fewer and fewer gun ranges. There
are many more alternative ways to have fun that did not exist 40 years
ago. At some point the interest in guns will wane.

Even now, "gun advocates" are, mostly, at least middle aged.

So, people will lose interest in guns, gun ownership will concentrate,
and then finally the "gun lobby" will not be as numerous. The guns wil
be seen as menace by more people and liked by fewer people. So,
eventually the Second Amendment will be repealed and a few decades
later, not much gun ownership will remain or be permitted.