Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Hiring an RCD tester

Caecilius wrote:
On Sun, 16 Dec 2012 03:38:20 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Surely a new RCD would be cheaper.

I'm going to replace the RCD anyway. I wanted a tester to see the
difference between the old one and the new one; not to determine
whether to replace or not.

But, from the responses received, it looks like my leakage resistor
method is a fair test, so I'll probably continue with that.

What is the make and model no of the RCD? I might have a spare and I if I
have it's all your's for P&P (or just post a picture of it).

I'll even test it and give you the test results.

I am a little too busy to read all the thread ATM but is this a whole house
RCD?

--
Adam