Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Hiring an RCD tester

On 16/12/2012 13:19, Caecilius wrote:
On Sun, 16 Dec 2012 09:42:54 +0000, Ron Lowe wrote:

I faced a similar problem, and built a D-I-Y leakage meter.

That's very interesting. Once I've replaced my RCD, I may use the old
one to build a similar device. Thanks for the information.

Finally, you may wish to consider replacing the single RCD with multiple
RCBOs, if your CU can take them.

Not enough room in my CU unfortunately. But I 've seriously considered
changing the CU for one with RCBOs on all RCD-protected circuits. If
I'm still having the problem after swapping the RCD and checking the
fixed wiring for N/E problems, I'll probably do that.

Out of interest, how many circuits are being protected by the single RCD?

--
Cheers,

John.