Posted to uk.d-i-y,sci.electronics.repair
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default Tracks to nowhere?

On 16/12/2012 10:16, tony sayer wrote:
In article , Mike Tomlinson
scribeth thus
En el artículo , Andy
Champ escribió:

I've seen delay lines on tracks - funny zigzag patterns - but these were
in logic analysers, and were designed to keep the tracks from all the
probes the same length.

Yes, I've seen similar things on PC motherboards, where it's important
to keep the tracks between the CPU/memory controller and the memory
slots the same length.

That isn't what the OP photo shows, though. I certainly agree with
those that think it's an antenna of some kind. Figuring out what "SIM1
and "SIM2" mean might be a clue.

Well is the just simply a PC motherboard?.

If so then very unlikely thats a anything to do with SIM cards, it
prolly means something completely different;!.

It might be that the designer thought it looked nice, and it broke up a
bit of the board that had no copper tracks on...

MSI Z68A-G43(G3) desktop motherboard

http://www.techiehq.net/pc-hardware/...ard-87549.html

--
Rod