Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Towel rails

In article ,
GB writes:
I threw out a towel rail and fitted a radiator, simply for warmth.

To cope with the towels I fitted an Ikea Grundtal shelf with some of the
bars removed. I cut it down a bit, so it does not stick out as much as
the shelf would.

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/00011428/

Exactly what I did (without cutting down) - was much better
and cheaper than any of the real ones I could find.

Shortly after I mentioned doing this on here, they introduced
another version with half the bars, as a towel rail/shelf!

I would tell SWMBO that she has a choice between a stylish but freezing
bathroom with a towel rail, or keeping the rad and fitting a rail above it.

--
Andrew Gabriel