Scott Duncan

Default How to fix old chair with worn mortise and tenon joints?

My sisters has the old, possibly antique, chair with mortise and tenon
joints pinned my finish nails. The glue failed many years ago and the
chair is being held together by the pins. The whole chair racks forward
and back by about a foot (like a recliner) apparently because the
mortise and tenon joints are severely worn from years of use with broken
glue joints. How can I fix this? The first thing that comes to mind is
filling the mortise with epoxy and clamping the chair back together.
Will that hold? The idea is to fill the empty space in the joints worn
with epoxy.

Thanks,
Scott