Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tool for Driving Ground Rod

One time I was asked to drive some rebar, to
reinforce some steps outdoors leading to a beach.
I ground the endsof the rebar to a point, on a
bench grinder. Seemed to help.

Does your ground rod have a point on the down
end?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"croy" wrote in message
The last time I put in a ground rod at this house, it took
me a full day with a pipe-style post-pounder, and another
day to recover. The soil here is about an inch thich over
serious hardpan.

I've decided that I need another ground rod, closer to the
service entrance panel, to keep the GFCI breakers from
tripping needlessly.

I'd be willing to buy a power tool to do this, if it doesn't
cost more than $50 or so, and would do the job in 1/2-hour
or less. Does such a beast exist?

--
Thanks,
croy