Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Hiring an RCD tester

On 15/12/2012 17:21, Caecilius wrote:
On Sat, 15 Dec 2012 16:57:27 +0000 (UTC),
(Andrew Gabriel) wrote:
My current 30ma RCD always trips at 16ma (15K resistor) and sometimes
trips at 11ma (22K resistor), so it looks like it trips somewhere
between these two values. I realise it should be somewhere between
15ma and 30ma, but I'd like to see something closer to 30 than 15.

Have you ruled out an additional 5-15mA leakage elsewhere, adding
to your test leakage?

Sort of. I turned off the MCBs for all the RCD-protected circuits
except for a small ring in the converted loft room, then unplugged
everything else from that ring and tested from there.

Have you tested for neutral to earth shorts on each of the circuits?

--
Cheers,

John.

http://www.internode.co.uk |