Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default "Wind, solar could provide 99.9% of ALL POWER by 2030"

On Saturday, December 15, 2012 10:12:22 AM UTC, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

... according to a study by the Uni of Delaware.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/12...ewables_study/
We've got the wind here but not the solar...

Using 2 huge costing fiddle factors, plus missing out the huge cost of running both renewables and fossil generation, plus missing out the cost of the equipment to control and use 2 types of heating in all homes, plus avoiding the cost of the huge extra transmission network capacity. Other than that it has some kind of connection with reality... somewhere.... that I sure cant find.

NT