Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default "Wind, solar could provide 99.9% of ALL POWER by 2030"

On 15/12/2012 10:12, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

.... according to a study by the Uni of Delaware.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/12...ewables_study/

We've got the wind here but not the solar...

"One of the key elements in their plan would be to have a widespread
geographical distribution of such intermittent sources as wind farms and
photovoltaic installations – when it's windy and sunny in one location
on the grid, it could be calm and overcast in another and all parts of
the grid would have enough power."

Widespread as in connecting UK and our severe lack of sun (at night, in
the winter) with, say, Australia? While we are at it, maybe a
transatlantic water grid so we can send some of our current excess to
the Mississippi...

--
Rod