Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default OT Putting your hand in cold water and instantly needing to have a pee

In article
,
harry wrote:
On Dec 14, 5:21 pm, The Medway Handyman
wrote:
On 13/12/2012 20:37, Phil L wrote:

ARW wrote:
I have just gone to remove a broken bathplug from on old dear's bath
down the street.

The bath was full of cold water as she had the bath this morning when
the plug broke. As soon as I put my hand into the water I needed the
toilet - and this was not a "just needed pee" this was a "less than 5
seconds to pee" mode.

Any ideas why this would happen?

No pun intended - I really am not taking the ****, this really
happened. I am used to the cold as I spent Tuesday and Wednesday
working outside for most of the day.

This has been known about for centuries. An old army joke was to
carefully place a sleeping comrade's hand into a bucket of warm water
and when the water went cold, the soldier would wet the bed

Apparently Mythbusters disproved it

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/my...rs-database/ha...

--
Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk

In hospitals, if the nurse wants a urine sample, the old trick is they
pour a jug of water into the sink. The sound makes you ****.

that was one of the problems with the fountian in the centre ring of BBc TV
Centre

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18