Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default TV to quit waking baby, bothering neighbors ...

On Thu, 13 Dec 2012 06:44:43 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

"Listen up, TV advertisers: Big Brother is muting you! Well, not entirely.
But beginning at midnight tonight, new Federal Communications Commission
rules will bar television networks from blasting viewers with those
excessively loud, screamy commercial breaks. At last you can retrieve your
sanity from Empire Carpet and the KIA Hamsters. (The rules will not,
however, get those damn kids off your lawn.) Adopted a year ago Thursday,
the rules "will require commercials to have the same average volume as the
programs they accompany," the FCC says. "

Yes, the law was passed about two years ago, became effective a year
ago, and gave them a year to do it. I've been eagerly looking
forward to this. I'm tired of adjusting the volume, even in the
bedroom where I put in a wired volume control with a knob (a lot
easier to use than the remote. I use an add-on speaker with better
sound than the built-in speaker.)

For years I haven't been able to fall asleep to the tv because the
commercials were so loud, and sometimes the radio has nothing on it.

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2012...awed-fcc-rules