Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson Jon Elson is offline

Default Can a Boehringer VDF hydraulic tracer lathe be used as a regular lathe

Ignoramus20953 wrote:

I won this at auction

http://igor.chudov.com/misc/ebay/tmp...-and-Lay/9.jpg

This is a Boehringer 19x46 hydraulic tracer lathe.

I have a feeling that the tracer system can be disconnected and it can
be converted to a manual lathe. Is that true?

Just looking at the picture, it sure looks like it has all the normal
manual handles, so I would think so. You should be able to move
the toolpost by those handles when inspecting it. it may have
some apparatus like a telescopic taper attachment to sum in
the tracer movement to the crossfeed handle.

Jon