Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Closet door part.

On Fri, 14 Dec 2012 10:47:54 -0800, "David Farber"
wrote:

Yesterday, after hours of shifting, adjusting, and pushing, I realized that
the bottom pin is exactly as you described. I kept thinking that the bottom
pin fit into the hole in the bottom plate. It soon became apparent (if you
call a few hours "soon") that this was a dead end. That's when I
repositioned the bottom pin into one of the serrated slots. Next, the
problem was that I could not just put the top pin into its respective hole
and slide the doors into the track. Even pushing the pin all the way down
didn't give it enough clearance. So I had to tilt the doors to the side
while pushing on the pin and then slowly line everything up. It took a few
tries to find the correct positioning of the bottom pin and if I ever have
to do this again, I will pay attention to where the bottom pin lives before
I remove the doors!

Thanks for everyone's help with this.
--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA

And that is the rest of the news. You have to tinker with bi-fold
doors, adjustments and the devil in the details.

The way to install.