Posted to uk.d-i-y
YAPH YAPH is offline

Default Drayton Digistat RF1

On Fri, 14 Dec 2012 17:46:46 +0000, HRD wrote:

We have a Drayton Digistat RF1 (pic below) and although it has the
temperature on it and the flame next to it, adjusting the temperature on
the screen seems to do absolutely nothing to the actual temperature of
the house. I can't remember if there have ever been any LEDs on the unit
and wouldn't know where they are anyway.

The receiver bit (which has the red and green LEDs on it) will probably
be somewhere near the boiler, as it has to be physically wired to it. If
the red LED is on then it's lost contact with the sender (the unit in the
room, with the temperature display and flame symbol on an LCD). Then you
have to rebind it by removing the right-hand battery drawer on the sender
(which has a cunning plastic clip which breaks so you then need to tape
it up shut), pressing buttons on the receiver and then replacing the
battery drawer. You'll have to do this anytime the power to the receiver
gets turned off. Yes, really. And when the battery drawer on the sender
comes open because the stupid friggin clip that holds it shut has broken.

Rinse and repeat until you get fed up enough to shell out for a Honeywell
CMT927 or suchlike :-|

--
John Stumbles -- http://yaph.co.uk

Be who you are and say what you think because those who
mind don't matter and those who matter won't mind.