Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dom Ostrowski[_2_] Dom Ostrowski[_2_] is offline

Default Curve RCBO consumer unit from Denmans

On 14/12/12 19:24, David WE Roberts wrote:
http://www.denmans.co.uk/downloads_p...umer-Units.pdf

Just noting that after much helpful comment from this NG I went ahead
and had an RCBO CU installed.

My electrician was very impressed with the CUR-M14 unit (first time he's
used it) - plenty of room to work in and about £100 populated.
It is a lot larger than the old CU but then it isn't as if I am
restricted on space and why struggle to get the last couple of circuits
into a tiny CU?

Old CU is now in the shed with a double 13A socket and loads of
potential. :-)

No longer need I fear taking out the whole shebang with an
earth-neutral fault. :-))))

Cheers

Dave R

All-RCBO CU's are undoubtedly the future, and RCBO's seem to be
dramatically decreasing in price.

But so far I don't see the major suppliers offering these - only dual
RCD units.