Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default TV to quit waking baby, bothering neighbors ...

On Thu, 13 Dec 2012 23:01:23 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Thu, 13 Dec 2012 06:01:51 -0800, Oren wrote:

Seems now, you can't channel-surf to get past commercials. When a
commercial comes on I flip to the previous channel and it also has
commercials at the same time. Fix one thing and they change another...

groan

Easy to fix. Get a DVR and record the shows you want to watch. Just
FF through them and watch a one hour show in about 40 minutes with NO
commercials. About the only thing we watch in real time is the news.,
even that is delayed if we are eating dinner.

I have a DVR. If I recorded all the shows I like or want to check out
to see if I like, I would always be in front of the TV.

Some movies I like to watch more than a few times I keep on the DVR.

Usually, I'm flipping through the news, and not long after that I'm
fast asleep.