Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave Platt Dave Platt is offline

Default Tracks to nowhere?

Highly unlikely in this case. Transmission line test structures are
through lines, not open ended stubs. I think it's an antenna of some sort.

As an antenna I don't think it would radiate very well at all. It
appears to have a ground/signal/ground transmission-line structure,
and its serpentine shape would tend to inhibit effective radiation.

In RF applications, open-ended and shorted-ended stubs like this are
often used as impedance-matching elements. At a single frequency and
in the steady state they "look like" high-Q inductors or capacitors,
in series or shunt across the signal. If the PCB's electrical
characteristics are well controlled, it's easier to get a very
reproducible amount of reactance from a stub of this sort, than it is
using a lumped-value component.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO