Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Stacked Rail and Stile Bit - Good/Bad?

On 12/13/2012 8:35 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Some of you may be following my previous thread about making cabinet
doors.

Does anyone know if the stack rail and stile bits shown midway down
this page are any good? I wonder if they are one of those tools trying
to be good at multiple things but not really good at any.

http://www.amazon.com/MLCS-Stacked-R.../dp/B000MXMK5I

MLCS Woodworking Stacked Rail and Stile Router Bit Demo.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtHZefxbw0k

I never quite saw the point in using stacked bits like you referenced.
First off you still have to make an adjustment when moving from one
operation to another.

Second is that you share a cutter for both operations which means that
the bit will last 1/2 as long between resharpening.

All things being equal a two bit set will last twice as long.