Posted to uk.d-i-y
Another John Another John is offline

Default OT Putting your hand in cold water and instantly needing to have a pee

In article ,
MM wrote:

On Fri, 14 Dec 2012 08:07:58 +0000, Chris J Dixon
wrote:

MM wrote:

It is a curious thing that we are so conditioned to only pee where
considered right and proper. I still have this sense of exibitionism
if I pull into a layby and take a pee behind a hedge. However, I do
remember the ****oirs in France in the 1950s and they were just a
metal shield on the pavement. Anglo-Saxons definitely have more
hang-ups about this kind of thing than other nationalities.

I recall an occasion in France when stopped at a level crossing.
The guy in the car in front stepped out, took about two paces
towards the hedge and let rip.

And in Britain if a particularly jobsworthy plod happened by, the
bloke would be arrested.

Never mind MM: I believe that on the Indian subcontinent they just have
a **** in the street: perhaps one day we too will aspire to such heady
levels of civilization.

Git.