Leon

Default random orbital or finishing sander?

"Nory" wrote in message
om...
hello,

when would you ideally use each type of sanders? what are these
specifically design for? When is it best to pull out your finishing
sander or orbital sander and lets include the belt sander?

A belt sander will remove massive amounts of stock. I use the belt sander
only for rough shaping. I have an agressive PC right angle ROS and a PC
SpeedBloc finish sander. I use the ROS for taking care of glue lines and
rough surfaces and only use 150 grit paper on this tool. I use the Finish
sander for the final sanding and normally only use 180 grit paper on that
sander. Each has its benefits. Fost all ROS sanders do not do well in
boxed in corners. I use the ROS and finish sander equally.