Posted to alt.home.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default where to get some super-warm, XXL, mittens?

David Combs wrote:
Hard to find are gloves or mittens for large hands.

Google helps, but you really don't know if the product
(mittens) is any good -- or not, eg made in China.

Also, will it hold up, like being worn when shoveling
snow, which puts immense stress on not just the seams
but also the material itself?

Also, I'm just plain getting too old to put up with
freezing hands when out on a winter-day's walk --
or shoveling snow for two or three hours (only to
have the snow-plow-truck pile it up again, with
HEAVY, wet, soon-to-freeze-solid stuff, at the
start of the driveway, meaning another hard hour
out there.)

Recommendations?

Thanks!

David

I have trouble finding loose gloves. Mittens are necessary for best warmth.
Try a ski shop, sporting goods. One year I bought a thin glove with metal
reflecting shreads in it, to be used alone or with gloves. Seemed to work
well.

Greg