Kevin Singleton

Default random orbital or finishing sander?

I use my ROS far more often than the finishing sander. The belt sander only
comes out when it's necessary to remove large quantities of material, and a
hand plane isn't a suitable alternative. The ROS is faster and more
effective than the finishing sander. I'll use the finishing sander when
levelling the finish on a table top, or to remove "nibs" raised by a finish.
Other than that, the ROS does most of the work in my shop.

Kevin
--
=====
Where are those Iraqi WMDs, NOW?

"Nory" wrote in message
om...
hello,

when would you ideally use each type of sanders? what are these
specifically design for? When is it best to pull out your finishing
sander or orbital sander and lets include the belt sander?

I currently own a rectangle finishing sander but my attention is
always called to the those abrasive pads for the orbital sanders. I
cant justify a purchase for one of those things yet. Can somebody
help me out?

NORY