Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Can't tighten shower handle

Buy them a better quality allen driver?

Allen screws too small to slot with a Dremel, and a cut off wheel?

You're reminding me of my Harbor Freight flare nut wrenches, that were
guaranteed to round off flare nuts. I got a set of flare wrenches from my
parts house, and never had that problem any more.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"bob haller" wrote in message

I repair machines that use allen screws and heat up to 300 degrees. I
absolutely HATE when they get stuck the worst are customers who
proudly say I know the allen is tight when it goes click click click
when turned..........

thats means the allen is stripped and likely can never be removed by
anything short of drilling it out......