D. A. Clark

Default What is Living Trade?

Patrick Olguin wrote in message:
Ah yes, visualization. Visualization is hardly new ground.
And so therefore I ackowledge what it is I can do (say, put a perfect
edge on a chisel, and apply that edge to the work) and then let the outcome be what it is.
This isn't to say I stay within my comfort zone, but I don't set
myself up for abject disappointment. When I am attempting to extend
my abilities...snip...but more in keeping with the assertive, esteeming
message.
The process of evolving my woodworking process, if you will.
Yours in zen and the art of woodworking.
O'Deen

Hello Patrick,
Sorry for chopping your message up, but I read good experience and
thought. Consider this:
The doctrine of Zen...(whereby, enlightenment may be acheived by
meditation and intuition, stimulated by the contemplation of beauty
and simplicity)...wouldn't cut much wood; perhaps, to work wood is to
take responsibility to reflect upon each accomplishment, each failure;
that the yin and the yang might balance. Each chronicle of experience
is the basis of your knowledge and understanding; that beyond a man's
common sense and manual dexterity there is reason. And, perhaps, only
time in apprenticeship will bring enlightenment.
Could this be living trade?
dac