Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default where to get some super-warm, XXL, mittens?

(David Combs) wrote:

Hard to find are gloves or mittens for large hands.

Google helps, but you really don't know if the product
(mittens) is any good -- or not, eg made in China.

When I spent a lot of time outside my best/warmest/longest wearing
mittens were a pair of unlined leather mittens and a couple pairs of
wool liners. The mittens were big enough that if I needed to use
fingers sometimes I could wear a pair of gloves in them instead of the
knit mittens. The leather shed most wet snow and never wore out.

The looked similar to these-
http://duluthpack.com/plunge-mitts.h...FUOK4AodPGQADQ

Also, will it hold up, like being worn when shoveling
snow, which puts immense stress on not just the seams
but also the material itself?

Also, I'm just plain getting too old to put up with
freezing hands when out on a winter-day's walk --

For walking mittens are great.

or shoveling snow for two or three hours (only to
have the snow-plow-truck pile it up again, with
HEAVY, wet, soon-to-freeze-solid stuff, at the
start of the driveway, meaning another hard hour
out there.)

Recommendations?

i'll repeat the recommendation for a snow blower.g you're obviously
too friggin' old to be shoveling snow if your hands still get cold
while you're working.

Jim