Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default And now I've seen it all ...

In message , Andy Champ
writes
On 12/12/2012 08:40, Tim Lamb wrote:

(I was following someone this evening through the mist [never thick
enough that I couldn't see the next corner] and they went through the
open country at 40 max. I'm not sure exactly what speed they were
doing through the village at the end, but it was a lot more than me...]

My grandfather referred to this as *blinding*:-) I suppose it is little
worse than assuming that you will not encounter some obstruction
blocking the road just outside the reach of dipped headlights.

What as *blinding*? If you mean, was I too close behind - well, I know
that road, and there's no chance of overtaking. So I sit far enough
back so I don't have to brake into the corners.

I think he meant driving too fast to stop within the distance you can
see. Dead 50+ years now.

--
Tim Lamb