Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Dadoes in both sides of 3/4" ply?

"Greg Guarino" wrote:

You are going to want the longest open time adhesive you can find.
I'd use epoxy with a slow hardener which will give you about 30
minutes open time at 75F.

I've only used regular yellow wood glue, for wood anyway. I have
used two part epoxy for other things. Is there epoxy especially for
woodworking?

There are lots of epoxy suppliers out there.

There are only 3-5 manufacturers of part A; however, there are
litterly
hundreds of part B suppliers which is where all the black art of
formulation
gets involved.

WEST Systems probably has the widest distribution.

I have a preference for System3.

http://tinyurl.com/bx584yx

Epoxy is basically an adhesive, it works very well gluing wood
together.

You want standard laminating part A resin and the slowest
part B hardener for this project.

You will make life easier at assembly time by toe nailing shelves into
grooves
at assembly time, then clamping at final assembly.

When using a router for dado grooves, easiest solution is to make
two passes using a jig.

Leon has a jig he developed for the purpose.

Maybe he will post details again.

Lew