Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Dadoes in both sides of 3/4" ply?

Greg Guarino wrote:
On 12/12/2012 2:16 AM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
No problem structurally; however, you are going to be busier than a
one armed paper hanger in a wind storm trying to get everything
aligned before your adhesive fires.

That's an oldie. My Dad's version was "a one-armed paper hanger with
an itch". And yes, I now recognize that the choice is between building
separate units and bursting a blood vessel in my temple. I'm leaning
toward the former.

You are going to want the longest open time adhesive you can find.
I'd use epoxy with a slow hardener which will give you about 30
minutes open time at 75F.

I've only used regular yellow wood glue, for wood anyway. I have used
two part epoxy for other things. Is there epoxy especially for
woodworking?

No but there are various hardeners which cause the epoxy to set up
slower/faster.

--

dadiOH

Maybe just ready for a change? Check it out...
http://www.floridaloghouse.net