Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default first tools

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
Yes, in screwdrivers, you definitely get what you pay for.

Steve

Not sure which of the "four way things" you are speaking of.

I don't where I got this, but it ended up in my toolbox a while back and I
love it.

http://toolmonger.com/2007/11/19/dea...1-screwdriver/

I know I didn't get it through the Lowes deal, but I did get it for
free...I just don't know how.

I'm usually against combination tools that claim to take the place of
multiple tools but usually don't take the place of even one decent one,
but
this Kobalt 6 in 1 screwdriver works very well. I don't use the nut driver
part for anything heavy, but the screwdrivers get a lot of use for quicky
fixes around the house and cars. It's nice to have 4 screwdrivers handy in
one easy to change tool.

I worked for a large company as an electrician with about 20 others. We all
carried a tool similar to that one. Saved carring around a bunch of other
tools. While not the best for some things, they worked well for the
electrical connections. The tools were bought by the company and they would
buy us almost anything we asked for. So it was not a mater of getting out
cheap.
If we did break one, that was no big deal as the company would get us a new
one. They usually had a replacement in the tool room.

If I really needed a good screwdriver, it was back to my main tool box in
the shop to get one, or carry a good one if I knew I was going to need one.

Also nothing like carring a big screwdriver that I used for everything but
driving screws. Makes a dandy prybar and other abused usages.