Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Contact enhancers?

Daniel Prince wrote:

I cannot find my bottle of Tweek so I need to buy some new contact
enhancer. Which one do you use and recommend?

I have looked on eBay and contact enhancers come in liquids that you
apply with a brush, squeeze tubes, and aerosol sprays. Which form
do you think is best? Thank you in advance for all replies.

Some time ago I had a Conrac color video monitor out of a TV station.
it had a LOT of Molex or AMP Mate-n-lock connectors in it, with
tin-plated contacts. There was HORRIBLE green goo growing all
over the contacts, and it made the monitor unreliable. I can only
assume somebody at the station had a pencant to apply some sort
of "contact enhancer" to everything, but it sure made a mess
of this unit. I don't know what brand they used. I've always been
leery of that type of stuff, but at least in one case, whatever
they did sure backfired. (Not that I'm any fan of stock Molex
or Mate-n-lock connectors, either!)

Jon