Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default Jointing problems

Han wrote:
Bill wrote in :

Han wrote:

Btw, the instructions say to occasionally sharpen the teeth on the
antikickbackpawls, but you know ...

I never even heard anyone mention that before, but it makes sense!

If they lose their grip, it's probably time.

How often do they mean by "occasionally"? That must have been written
in by a lawyer. : )

Juast going by memory. I had to peruse the manual a little while ago. I
have always had a bit of trouble getting the blade adjusted to an angle,
and then back to 90°. The Wixey digital angle readout widget is always a
great help.

I already picked up one of those, and I don't even have a TS yet!
If Grizzly would come up with a coupon, I'd click for a TS and a
jointer. I'm just in the shopping mood. Although something tells me I
may be sorry if I don't finish painting the work area first! : )

The Incra 1000/HD Miter Guage is still on sale for $119 at Amazon. I
just can't click on that w/o having the saw--at least I haven't yet. If
it should drop another 10 bucks or more, I think I'll have to!

Bill