Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Champ[_2_] Andy Champ[_2_] is offline

Default And now I've seen it all ...

On 11/12/2012 14:07, Tim Lamb wrote:

......Road
3 visits
Total vehicles monitored - 421
Vehicles under 30mph - 287
30-35 mph - 79
36-40 mph - 37
41-45 mph - 13
46mph and above -5
Fastest recorded vehicle 46mph

.... Road
3 visits
Total vehicles monitored -249
Vehicles under 30mph - 68
30-35 mph - 62
36-40 mph - 67
41-45 mph - 31
46mph and above - 21
Fastest recorded vehicle 57mph

..... Road
3 visits
Total vehicles monitored - 310
Vehicles under 30mph - 93
30-35 mph -35
36-40 mph - 10
41-45 mph - 3
46mph and above - 0
Fastest recorded vehicle 44mph

The Hill
3 visits
Total vehicles monitored - 264
Vehicles under 30mph - 188
30-35 mph - 42
36-40 mph - 31
41-45 mph - 3
46mph and above - 0
Fastest recorded vehicle 42mph

A report from our local PCSO included for your interest. Not hugely
surprising and probably similar for the same size village in Bedfordshire.

Hmmm. One wonders why some roads have the majority of the cars under
the speed limit, and yet on one of them half the drivers are exceeding
the limit by enough to get a ticket. I don't suppose that's one of
those silly limits is it? Like the one I go through, where the speed
limit is low to protect the school. That has been shut for two years.

(I was following someone this evening through the mist [never thick
enough that I couldn't see the next corner] and they went through the
open country at 40 max. I'm not sure exactly what speed they were doing
through the village at the end, but it was a lot more than me...]

Andy