Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default Cow Proof Fence? Not Electrified

On Dec 11, 4:21*pm, Harry K wrote:
On Dec 11, 7:23*am, "Abby" wrote:

Hi and Happy Holidays,

What would take to build a fence that cows could not break through or jump
over? *We have a recurring problem with a neighbor's cows breaking through
our fence. *We are looking for an alternative to an electrified fence (I
posted a separate query about electrified fences the other day.) *The
problem area is at most 25..30 feet but we might get by with a 10 foot
section. *The fence is at the top of slope which makes it more difficult for
them to jump over it. *We have seen them break through and there were more
than on animal pushing. *We are in Costa Rica where during the upcoming dry
season the pool and irrigated plants will be irresistible.

Thanks,
Gary

Strong posts and hogwire. *All that is needed are posts *that they
cannot break or push over plus wire they can't crawl through - it's
not rocket science.

Harry K

Plus a strand of barbed wire on top. Or it they are good jumpers,
longer posts and two strands of barbed wire.