Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UK power generation

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

On Tue, 11 Dec 2012 03:01:09 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Having said that, I think 2015 is when the **** may well hit the fan.

I'll hopefully have my insulation and heating finished by then. Then
it will be two fingers up to the lot of them.

I will have my insulation and a 4kW central-to-the-house coal stove - so we
will not freeze.

I think I will equip the CH when I do it with a contingency supply from a
generator so at least HW keeps working too - I'll arrange a single feed to
the boiler, pumps and control circuits on a 13A plug with 2 sockets - the
2nd socket being fed from a male weatherproof "socket" outside.

Might as well run that circuit to the computer/network/wifi areas too...

--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim/