Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Cincinnati No. 3 milling machine for general shop use?

I saw the subject line and I thought "Why not?"

Reminds me of a time, when a group of us were considering going in
on a PDP-8 computer - surplus from the University. Stick it in
Threadgill's basement, and we could have our own dial up computer.
Wicked cool! The caper was that at the time, home computers were not
all that prevalent, and at the start of classes, there would be the
usual question of "Can I use my computer at home, instead of the
University's?" "What do you have?" And then the look on faces when
you say "A PDP-8. It's the one all my friends have."

Unfortunately, it didn't work out at all.

tschus
pyotr
--
pyotr
you are a bloody fool, only an ignorant cretin would even ask the