Posted to uk.d-i-y,ed.general
fred fred is offline

Default improving floor insulation

In article , Geoff Pearson
writes

thank you so much for this comprehensive reply. Excellent advice.

You're welcome and I hope it goes well.

The only thing I forgot to mention was to go very carefully if there is
any hint of dampness in the underfloor or if any efflorescence is
present but I'm guessing you would have mentioned that if there was any.

I now also see that the Energy Savings Trust may do this for free (only in
some areas including Edinburgh - so I will ask them to do a survey - that is
free too.

Great, well worth a try if you can get it but they may insist on a
complete package including ugly plastic self adhesive brush carriers on
internal and external doors, not nice. I have seen a recent grant aided
job done by British Gas subbies in a Glasgow tenement loft and it was
very well done. As usual, jobsworth survey/management looking to penny
pinch but the guys on the job were keen to do a good job when they met a
knowledgeable householder, top lads.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .