Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] jaugustine@verizon.net is offline

Default Simple Constant Current Device or Circuit

On Sun, 09 Dec 2012 12:30:42 -0500, in sci.electronics.repair you wrote:

On Sun, 9 Dec 2012 01:03:49 -0000, in sci.electronics.repair you wrote:

SNIP

The very simple answer is the LM317T. Just Google "LM317T as a constant
current source." Just needs one resistor to set the required current. I
have been using these adjustable voltage regulators as constant current
sources for probably 30 years without issue. Other more powerful three
terminal adjustable voltage regulators can be used in exactly the same way
if you need more current.

Arfa

Hi Arfa,

Yes, you are correct, it is simple! I LOVE IT!!!

I will look though my collection of semis for it (no ECG/NTE sub for it).
If unfound, I will order it or it's equivalent.

Thank You Very Much, John

UPDATE:

I don't have one (LM317T), but www.parts-express.com has them for less
than $3.00 each !!! I ordered two.