Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
William Don**ly William Don**ly is offline

Default Feasibility & cost of building a dining room table in 12woodshop classes

Dr. Deb wrote:

One question though, why are you taking the class?
Is it that you are not confident of your woodworking skills?

I have the skills only because I took woodworking class in high school
(all four years) - but then - I became an electronics tech so all the shop
equipment I've bought since then has been radically different in character.

I don't have the equipment nor room for the equipment (unless I build a shed):
- Table saw (I have a chop saw)
- Router table (I have a router & bits, but I never used them)
- Band saw (I have a hand held power jig saw & circular saw)
- Drill press (I have a hand held power drill and bits)
- Disc & belt sander (I have a hand held power belt sander)
- Wood clamps (I have your basic foot-long C clamps)

I've been toying with the idea of buying the basic shop tools above
but then I'd have to build a powered shed in order to store & use them.

That's why the class seems most intriguing.