Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil[_18_] Phil[_18_] is offline

Default Adjusting concealed WC hinges.

On 10/12/2012 14:16, RJS wrote:
The only WC which my F-I-L is able to use at home (stroke, bust hip etc) has soft close hinges which have become lose where they attach to the WC pan.

Photos are here https://picasaweb.google.com/OldGit007/WCHinges

Does anyone know for certain how to tighten said hinges? I'm afraid that answers along the lines of "I think" or "It should" won't be helpful because F-I-L cannot be without the WC and chunks of the hinge fixings disappearing into the base of the WC as a result of undoing the Allen screws and the seat becoming even more lose isn't acceptable.

I've looked all over the WC and can't see any maker's names.

TIA

Richard

Tighten in what way?
Are the hinges loose on the pan, or loose on the seat.
Or is the the 'soft close' that is less soft?
Precise questions begat precise answers.