Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJS[_2_] RJS[_2_] is offline

Default Adjusting concealed WC hinges.

The only WC which my F-I-L is able to use at home (stroke, bust hip etc) has soft close hinges which have become lose where they attach to the WC pan.

Photos are here https://picasaweb.google.com/OldGit007/WCHinges

Does anyone know for certain how to tighten said hinges? I'm afraid that answers along the lines of "I think" or "It should" won't be helpful because F-I-L cannot be without the WC and chunks of the hinge fixings disappearing into the base of the WC as a result of undoing the Allen screws and the seat becoming even more lose isn't acceptable.

I've looked all over the WC and can't see any maker's names.

TIA

Richard