Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] dansabrservices@yahoo.com is offline

Default Easiest repair?

If you are looking for "easiest repairs" that have ever entered a shop let me list the following from my experiences:

1) Problem: One channel out on stereo. Solution: place balance control in neutral position (was all the way to the left side...) Time spent: 5 minutes.

2) Received a receiver from another shop that couldn't repair it due tot eh lack of service information. (It was an old Sansui system). Problem reported was no output. Solution: Replace blown speaker fuses located inside the unit. Time spent: 10 minutes

3) Bose receiver Problem: Won't turn on (This was a receiver that touching the Bose symbol would activate a selenoid to turn on the system.) Solution: turn on the "vacation" switch located in the rear of the unit. It turns out that the owner did not even know there was a switch in the rear. He had hit it without realizing when wiring the TV. TIme spent: 5 minutes.

Dan