Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
William Don**ly William Don**ly is offline

Default Feasibility & cost of building a dining room table in 12 woodshopclasses

My local town adult education flyer came in for the winter session, offering
12 woodshop sessions for $200, which got me wondering.

Is it feasible to build a basic dining room table in 12 woodshop classes?
How much would it cost?

Of course, the devil is in the details, so I just want to rough it out.

I realize the variability in cost of the wood could be huge.
What's a decent dark'ish brown wood for a decent price for a dining room table?

The shape of the table would be either circular or rectangular with oval ends.
Maybe five or eight feet long?
(What's a basic size for seating four to six people?)