nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

I expect they were having problems with people complaining that if you undid that compression fitting connection (to move the dishwasher out for service, say), it could be a problem getting that connection not to leak when you redid it.

The problem now is that rubber supply hoses to dish washers are gonna burst just as often as rubber supply hoses to clothes washing machines.

If I were you, I would replace the rubber hose to your dishwasher with a braided stainless steel hose, just like the ones they make for clothes washing machines.