Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Home Inspection Nightmares

On Dec 9, 4:12*pm, Daniel Prince wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:

I got a call from a fellow once who said his AC wasn't working. I
suspected a blocked coil and asked him if he was changing the air
filters on a regular basis. He said yes and that he had just installed
a new air filter. I checked it and it was a brand new filter in pristine
condition STILL in the plastic wrap. ^_^

My cousin used to work for Sears Service. *He said that he
frequently got calls for vacuum cleaners that did not work. *He
found that the user had put a plastic bag inside the dust collection
bag.

I can understand how people who do not understand how vacuum
cleaners work might think they could put a plastic bag inside the
dust collection bag. *I do not understand why they did not take the
plastic bag back out when the vacuum cleaner stopped working.

When I was servicing copiers I had a custome dump all the toner out of
the machine TWICE to clean all that black dirt out if it.

a month later she reported the copier was using too much toner, when
remnded she dumped 2 cases in the trash she wanted it replaced under
warranty.... sorry no

i just talked to a copier tech friday who said he had had 2 different
customers dump the toner.

its amazing how many ways things can go wrong