Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Ping Leon: Design Q on SawStop

On 12/8/2012 6:47 PM, vonKevin wrote:
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

On 12/8/2012 11:36 AM, scritch wrote:
Alls I know is, having cut my finger nearly in half (still got it,
though) is that I'll be buying a Sawstop saw as soon as I get a 240V
circuit added to my garage. The electrical guy comes next Tuesday.

There are those the believe that they are too careful and or smart to
benefit from a SawStop and will refuse to get one in spite of Gass.

There are those that are careful and smart that have had a serious
injury and will one day buy a SawStop as they now are even more smarter
and more careful because they now have first hand knowledge of how the
unforeseen can get you.

I cut half my thumb off 23 years ago, unfortunately long before the
SawStop became a reality.

Then there are those who are careful and smart, yet have still managed
to have some kind of (albeit minor, in my case) injury, and would love
to have a gadget like this....but refuse to knuckle under to Gass'
thug-like tactics & are waiting patiently for a competitor's product.

-Kevin in Indy
To reply, remove (+spamproof+) from address........

Those people are the ones that will cut off their nose to spite their
faces, can't see the forest for the trees, know better but will continue
to take risks.