Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Home Inspection Nightmares

On 12/8/2012 5:18 PM, gregz wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote:
Ouch! That's a screw up.

One call I got, from some folks whose furnace
was broken. Some trouble shooting later, turns
out the furnace had ONE return air, which was
mabye 12 x 24 in the living room. Someone had
took out the grille, and replaced it with plywood.
Furnace kept over heating, due to lack of air
flow.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

wrote in message
I once got a call from a homeowner
who had just had inspected and purchased
a home in the most affluent part of Pasadena California
saying that her air conditioner wasnt cooling.
What I found was that the only return register was outside.
There was no air re-circulation,
all the air was coming from the outside.

I can't fault the home inspector, but in my house, most of the return was
covered with rug. The only return was a small rectangular hole that was not
is able because of aluminum shroud covering my basement ceiling. It was
easy to cut the rug.

Greg

I can't cut a rug at my age and in my shape. ^_^

TDD