Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default An idiot and his table saw... The truth

On Dec 8, 3:40*pm, " Attila Iskander"
wrote:
wrote in message

On Dec 8, 6:49 am, "J. Clarke" wrote:

In article ,
says...

"Spehro Pefhany" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 6 Dec 2012 13:00:22 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

I then simply
posed the question about conservatives. Virtually all of them
extole the virtues of self reliance, taking personal responsibility..
So, none of them have table saw accidents, right?

Everyone has accidents, but not purchasing medical and disability
insurance is a choice. Why should a successful business be punished by
having to cover the deadbeats?

Because according to the idiots, that would make you bad person

Frankly I don't have a problem with people donating to private charity
help the needy
But when the government starts picking your pocket to do it, I have a
problem
One only has to look at how UNsuccessfull government is about solving
the
problem
All their "welfare" programs are spiraling out of control BECAUSE of ALL
the
leaches that are hanging on to the tit.
And these idiots want to attract even more leeches

The problem with Welfare isn't the people recieving Welfare. The
"leeches" are the ever expanding legions of government bureaucrats who
are there to try to keep anybody from cheating the system.

In its first few years Welfare had a real effect. In the 40 or so years
since the budget has increased radically but the number of people being
helped and the degree to which they are being helped has remained
substantially unchanged.- Hide quoted text -

#
# Oh what a pile of total BS. *Show us any evidence that
# this is true. *That the overwhelming percentage of welfare
# money is not actually going to recipients. *As for the bureaucrats
# checking up for fraud, there should be more of them.
# When is the last time you saw anyone prosecuted for
# welfare fraud?

sigh
Another fine demonstration of absence of logic
A bunch of bureaucrats pushing paper to "insure lack of fraud" does NOT
necessarily and automatically lead to prosecution for welfare fraud.
It just guarantees more bureaucrats to push more paper, as has been the case

Meanwhile we have undeniable evidence of the unraveling of the social fabric
of inner city residents who also happen to be the least employed and most
welfare dependent
Just look at the increase of single parent families, women never married
with multiple fathers for their brood of kids, crime and gang issues, to
name a few.

But hey, naturally, according to you, those are not problems. the act that
no one got prosecuted for fraud is far more critical- Hide quoted text -

When you have some actual data that shows that today,
something is different and
the vast majority of welfare payments are not going to those
on the programs, but is instead being consumed by
bureaucrats, let us know. But as usual, I suspect that
won't be forthcoming, will it. Profanity will.