Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default An idiot and his table saw...

"Joseph Gwinn" wrote in message
news:joegwinn-
I just went down to the shop, turned on my grinder, then pulled the
plug and jammed the prongs against the metal outlet plate. There
was
no spark or effect on the slowly decelerating wheel.
jsw

The open time was probably too long - humans are just not fast
enough.

Joe Gwinn

It's a bench grinder with plenty of wheel inertia to keep it spinning.
I can hear the pitch of the bearing(?) noise slowly decrease until the
start switch closes after 32 seconds, then it slows more rapidly.
jsw