Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default An idiot and his table saw...

wrote
.... I don't buy that all you have to do is disconnect power,

-short the leads and the saw stops very quickly. That may
-have some effect, but I'd bet to stop it in even a few rotations
-requires some external power source.

-If anyone has an spec sheets or examples of saws, motors,
-etc with that feature I'd be interested in seeing them.

I just went down to the shop, turned on my grinder, then pulled the
plug and jammed the prongs against the metal outlet plate. There was
no spark or effect on the slowly decelerating wheel.
jsw